An Awesome World

Published September 18, 2009 by Spike

Last year, Dallas who runs this blog here, gave me a book he was going to print, “An Awesome Book” He wanted to make a book to spread his optimisim and enthusiam for the world in the form of a picture book. I loved it.
An_Awesome_Book

The book is about having dreams. When it came time to find an illustrator, he couldn’t find one, so he drew it himself. And when it came time to find a publisher, he couldn’t find one, so he published it himself. And this is what his book is all about. The book has now sold thousands of copies all over the world and he is starting a foundation, “The Awesome World Foundation.” Watch the video as he tells the whole story. What a beautiful thing you made Dallas.

Tags: , , ,

1. Sam Smith says:

Incredible.

2. Ameesha Lee says:

Your book is *awesome*! We need more people like you in this little world of ours. Nice one!

3. Diesel says:

This is now on my list of great things to get when me and my wife can start our family.
    Awesome!!!

4. Karina says:

I’m getting a copy to read to my baby nephew!

5. Halle says:

I need a copy of this book! It sounds amazing. What a wonderful thing to do.

Also, at the end of the video, is that the Pains of Being Pure at Heart?

6. sylvester fontenot says:

an awesome book begets inspiration, inspiration begets progress, progress begets a unique and great civilization. bravo.

7. Ramona says:

This is crazy beautiful.

8. Ellen says:

Love.

9. andreas says:

this awesomeness needs translation for all the kids around the world.

10. david says:

this makes the world a better place for reminding us what it is in the first place. a dreama continua!

11. Scott Heff says:

Great story! Keep up the good work.

12. River says:

Transcribed from an interview with director Abbas Kiarostami (Taste of Cherry):

Early on, I had no interest in making films for children. I began to make children’s films due to my employment at the Institute for the Intellectual Development of Children and Young Adults. I began my career making commercials. As I was making films for children, I gradually discovered them. Over 20 years of working with children I realized how nice and easygoing they are, and their viewpoints are often more accurate and more interesting than those of adults. Children are like the sages we read about in books. They live like them. They are extremely opportunistic in a good sense. And that’s what I admire about them. Although I don’t make films for or about children anymore, I think I have been affected by my years of working with them. My films have a kind of childlike playfulness about them. They reflect a very simple and almost childish philosophy of life. I try to look at the world and life from a child’s point of view.

13. Pau O. says:

This is awesome! Now I know what I´m going to give and read (and translate cause I´m mexican) to my baby nephew and niece. Thank you for making me smile. :)

14. kate says:

billions of awaken dreams are roaring!

15. DawleyPardon says:

I am moved. This is a fantastic book.

16. Carlos says:

Hey dallas!
    I don’t know if you remember, but you gave me and my kids a free copy of your book outside of a bookstore in austin. Well, we loved it, but most of all my boys loved being given a book by the guy who made it. They’ve made their own book and want to give you a copy, but how? where should we send it? I think you’ll like it. hopefully you’ll get this message , it has my e-mail.