New Trailer! New Featurette!

Published July 24, 2009 by Spike

wildmax

Where the Wild Things Are Apple Exclusive…

Tags: , ,

1. Souney says:

“There will be controversy about this.” Love it. Good work.

2. Julien says:

I am kind of conflicted to watch these videos. My want to see more of the movie is butting up against my want to keep my viewing of the movie completely pure.

3. keicharones says:

What I wouldn’t do to work on a Spike Jonze project. That featurette was amazing.

4. Daniel says:

It’s wonderful! Good work, guys, and thanks for letting us see a glimpse behind-the-scenes.

(And I’m really digging the Karen O (?) music in the background. Straight from the film?)

5. Vince Brown says:

Love it and can’t wait. To see Mr . Sendak “bless ” the project was special.

6. edward says:

done it again, buddy. ten years after malkovich and you create another landmark film.

7. joy says:

i want to leave a comment but i’m left speechless.

8. I’m falling in tears just with the trailers, this movie is going to be amazing!! Good work Spike and Crew!

9. Alex Deaton says:

I was wondering why you hadn’t posted about these already! I sent the link to all my friends. The scene on the beach looks astonishing. I wait with baited breath.

10. Rodri says:

Gonna love this movie as much as i love Mr. Sendak’s book. Thanx both Maurice and Spike! :)

11. Ryan M says:

Mr. Spike Jonze, I hope you read these comments because if you do I really want to ask if you know when the film will be released over here in Japan. The trailer at the head of the new Harry Potter film just said coming soon…

12. Walter says:

Goddamn. Can’t wait.

13. GARCIA says:

I love the statement that it must be dangerous, and respect kids, and not talk down to them.
    so well put.

14. John says:

I love this so.

15. Julie says:

The first trailer was so stunning that I’m trying not to watch anything else from you guys until the movie comes out. You’re killing me with this second trailer. So far I’ve stayed strong…

16. Stephanie says:

I’m a teary mess….seriously. Something about this….looking back at my own childhood and all the emotions, and now having 2 small boys of my own and trying to understand and respect their emotions….the trailers alone say so much already. Well, this film I know is brilliant. And both Maurice and Spike, you have expressed so much understanding and perspective….I feel like you are both wizards of the mind of a child. Cheers.

17. Natalie says:

Glad it has Mr. Sendak’s “blessing” as I hope the magic of the book won’t be lost in special effects (I was disappointed with Polar Express). Very excited in anticipation to share the movies experience with my kids (as the book has been a staple in our home for 15 years).

18. Dave Glanz says:

If the final film is half as good as the trailer, I’ll have a new favorite movie.

19. Haha wow, you’re a bunch of heroes and magicians! :D
    Your love for the project, the tenacity and resilience to bring this to the screen, even though the road seems to have been very bumpy and heartbreaking at times (read: big hollywood studios..) is aweinspiring! Thank you :)

20. rotch says:

Am I the only one who can’t see the difference between the first trailer and the second one? Great trailer though.

21. Lorenzo says:

You’re not alone, rotch. I too am puzzeled by this. Great trailer though.

22. [...] New trailer & new featurette! for Where The Wild Things Are – We love you so blog July 29, 2009 Filed under: Uncategorized — anguskingston @ 10:48 pm via weloveyouso.com [...]

23. Lucy says:

Waiting in anticipation in Melbourne Town! Congratulations to the entire team who realised Mister Sendak’s masterpiece on screen!