Flickr Find: Homemade Max Costume

Published May 12, 2009 by Graham

maxcostume1

Randomly came across this adorable lovingly hand-made Max costume on Flickr. Crafty creator Kitjule1010 says: “Max costume (Where the Wild Things Are) I made for my son b/c no costume company makes one. :)”

Tags: , , , ,

1. Evan says:

I’ve always wanted to do this for my son. So cute and a they did such a great job. I’m sure come next Halloween, the stores will most certainly be carrying this costume.

2. JR says:

Hey guys,

Check out the Flickr group dedicated to all things ‘Wild’ at:

And my blog, http://www.dogmaticblog.com/tag/where-the-wild-things-are

For more!

3. Cassie says:

that is amazing.

4. Dallas says:

Apparently there is a trend here, more Max costumes via email :

5. verimaz says:

wow that little boy is just like max in the book even, i want to see him stomping about :)

6. ayumi says:

so cute!!!

7. [...] since we posted this little fellow we’ve been getting flooded with wolf suit sighting emails. Like the ripper above originally [...]

8. I went as Max my senior year of highschool back in 2007. I won a $5 gift certificate to Dunkin Donuts in our costume contest.

picture: http://15.media.tumblr.com/QQEpt1Z9vngfpawrPZtaletio1_500.jpg

9. Seamouse says:

Wow.If you were Disney this’d be in production already. thank god you’re not! Looking forward so much to the film.

10. Johnny Neat says:

Spike any chance we could get something like this of that quality going? Would be beyond nice to have something as nice for children this & future Halloweens.

11. Sasha says:

I would love it if I could buy a dupilcate costume from you…I have a little Max and he’s 2 now, perfect for Halloween fun! Please contact me with price…Thank you sooo much, you are brilliant!

12. Kate says:

Hi Sasha-
    I’m so glad you like the costume! But it was a ton of work to make, I only made one, and my son still wears it. Good luck with your search though- you may want to try alchemy on etsy.

13. Kim says:

This is the best Max costume I have seen!! Is there a pattern for it? I would love to make it for my grandson!

14. Kate says:

Kim- Sorry I didn’t see this before Halloween, but if anyone comes across this in the future the base of the costume was from Kwik Sew Pattern 3527 (a pattern for footed pajamas) and I just added things to that.

15. jennifer says:

omg…my son is 5 years old and ever since we brought him home from the hospitol we have been reading him this book every night and he even acts it out! but sadly i am no seamstress lol how much would u charge to make my son this costume? please email any info u have on this costume! i really would love 4 my son to have his own max costume!
    jennifer shipman!